Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Goal #17 host a party....and realize you aren't as cool as you thought

It has been two weeks since the blessed celebration of my birth. At this point i think i have swallowed my pride enough to report on my thirtieth year goal #17. Although the party turned out to be an unattended event it was an event that I will count as me hosting a party. Let me be clear I am not mad or disappointed or upset that my party was overshadowed by so many other occurrences I do however feel as if I have finally learned my lesson and will never again try to host an event in my own behalf. As summer approaches I love spending time outside especially in the evenings with this in mind, I decided to host an outdoor movie night. I attempted to barrow equipment from a few different friends to no avail but the invitations had already been sent and the rsvps had been received so the party must go on. I found a company online that rented out everything you need for any type of multimedia event...they even delivered and set it all up. So I got out my credit card. For this cool of a party it would be worth the little extra dough. I found some fantastic summer movie recipes on pinterest, of course. Spent the day cleaning, decorating, cooking and hoping that I had enough of everything. My BFF Whitney came down early to help with the last minute prep. We had the blankets set up the sun was getting ready to set and the crickets were out, even if the people weren't. Now don't get me wrong, there were more attendees than whitney and i and I appreciate them coming but between the three of them I think they were there for a total of an hour and none of them overlapped so the most that were there at one time was 3, me, whit, and a stopper by. Even though the turn out was less than expected it was so fun. I want to watch movies under the stars every night! I wish I was not swearing off event planning just so I could do that again. All those that were not able to make it really did miss out on the coolest party I have ever attempted to host. It does leave me wondering if it was poorly attended bucause if schedules or because of me....but then I remember it couldn't possibly be because of me. Right? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment